The Society's Main Objectives:
- To perpetuate to a remote posterity of the memory of our Pilgrim Fathers.
- To maintain and defend the principle of civil and religious liberty as set forth in the Compact of the Mayflower, "For the Glorie of God and advancement of the Christian faith, and honor of our countrie."
- To cherish and maintain the ideals and institutions of American freedom, and to oppose any theories or actions that threaten their continuity.
- To transmit the spirit, the purity of purpose and steadfastness of will of the Pilgrim Fathers to those who shall come after us, and undiminished heritage of liberty and law.
- To perpetuate to remote posterity the memory of the Pilgrim Fathers.
- To maintain and defend the principle of civil and religious liberty.
- To authenticate, preserve and mark historical spots made memorable by Pilgrim association.
- To discover and publish original matter in regard to the Pilgrims together with existing data known only to antiquarians.
- To discover, record and publish the ancestry of the Pilgrims and the lines of all their posterity--past and present.
- To cooperate with the General Society of Mayflower Descendants and with the affiliated State Societies composing it, in united effort for furtherance of the ends aforesaid. The Society is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes by which means we further our heritage of freedom.
The primary purpose of this Web site is to link the members of the Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Georgia with each other and with other Web sites that may enhance their further genealogical search for their Mayflower roots, as well as
to inform and guide any potential new members in the search and documentation of their lines of descent from the Pilgrims that arrived in this country aboard the Mayflower in 1620. In addition, we hope to encourage everyone with an interest in our Pilgrim forefathers to pursue that interest and learn more about their place in our country's history. The accurate portrayal of those historic events is a fundamental basis for our society's existence.
Notwithstanding any statement of purposes or powers aforesaid, this organization shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of its specific and primary purpose.